Steps to Maintaining Your Post-Facial Glow
Wondering what to do after a facial to maintain your smooth, glowing skin? We’ve all been there. Most of the time, your skin is almost perfect after a facial - but it may also be extremely sensitive. It might seem daunting, but treating your skin to the proper post-facial care is extremely important. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled some helpful tips to keep your skin happy after getting a treatment.
Why Get a Facial in the First Place?
Regularly getting facials done at a medspa may help fight off the appearance that stress, hormones, and some of our daily habits take on your skin. Another great plus is the fresh, dewy glow and baby smooth skin post-facial - not to mention the relaxation of getting a facial gives you. Generally speaking, you’ll want to be getting a facial every 4-6 weeks to get your skin to its glowy, smooth and pristine state. But what about after your treatment?
Keeping Your Post-Facial Glow at Home
Before your next appointment, it’s always a great idea to take as good care of your skin as you can. After leaving the spa, your skin can be a bit sensitive - so how can you take care of your skin post-facial? Here are just a few pointers to help you out:
- Don’t touch, pop or pick at your skin. Truthfully, you should avoid touching your face at any given moment, but your skin is especially sensitive after a facial. Though it’s tempting to squeeze pimples and blackheads, keep your hands off - there’s a reason your facialist didn’t pop them herself. Picking and popping at your skin may lead to even more irritation and scarring, which is the opposite of what you want.
- Go sans makeup for a day. If your face is looking red from your facial, you might be tempted to cover up the redness with makeup. Your pores are more open than usual and are prone to more bacteria. Taking a break from makeup will also allow the products that were used to be more effective. Don't get too worried though: you can resume your daily makeup routine the next day, but make sure you’ve given your brushes and applicators a thorough wash to avoid acne-causing bacteria.
- Wash your skin gently. Remember, your skin is extremely sensitive after a facial so you’ll want to be gentle to avoid irritation. After your facial, make sure to go with a gentle hydrating cleanser.
- Avoid workouts the day of. If you didn’t get the chance to work out before your facial you might be tempted to sneak in a workout session, but it’s best to wait until the next day. The increased heat in the skin and sweat can be irritating to your freshly treated skin, not to mention it can harbor bacteria.
- Lay off the exfoliants. Over-exfoliating can damage your skin’s protective layer and can lead to inflammation. Since most facials incorporate an exfoliant, skip anything that could irritate your skin for several days after getting one. Stick with a gentle cleanser to avoid irritating the skin.
Keep Your Skin at its Best
We all know how facials leave your skin looking and feeling: if you’ve been looking for a way to make your skin look its absolute best, it’s the way to go. Having a facial every 4-6 weeks is a great way to spice up your skincare routine, and it’s recommended by all professionals. If you're looking to make an appointment for a facial, there’s nowhere better to go than Sculpt Cosmedics. We offer a wide range of services to keep your skin looking its absolute best, such as facials, laser treatments, chemical peels and more.
Book an appointment and get your dream skin now!